On November 9, 2022, the Zubr Capital team took part in the "InvestPro Poland and Ukraine conference" in Warsaw.
Konstantin Zapolyansky, Senior investment director, explained in his presentation, what should a modern investor be able to do. A few notes from his presentation about Ukrainian IT companies.
- The central thesis: Ukrainian IT has survived.
- Quick adaptation to new conditions.
- Creation of new offices and partial relocation.
- Scaling the product to new markets.
- Strong motivation for results and help to the country.
- Trend: before the war, the company was not profitable, now it is profitable and with a good Unit-economy.
Another important part of the report was devoted to the competencies of a modern investor. That's what Zubr Capital considers important in order to be successful as an investor giving smart money.
- Develop the strategy for entering North American and European markets.
- Identifying the best Go-to-market approach.
- Help build the Sales & Marketing organization, including recruiting the best talent in the market and attracting top international advisers.
- Help build strategic partnerships.
- Portfolio companies’ ecosystem (sharing internal expertise).
One of the best parts of the conference is the warm networking. We have a few photos of how it was. Just have a look.